渡部:
要说真话,不要说假话。否则一语成谶,为什么呢?
Be honest,Don't lie. Or else you'll have it coming, Why?
面包房每天来送点心的那个伙计小张,他十几岁就从宁波来上海,一个人划只小船来的,家里穷得叮当响。
You know the baker boy who comes to deliver pastries every day? He came to Shanghai as a teenager,Rowed a boat here on his own.The kid had no one to count on.
后来跟了现在这个老板学做生意,几年下来,也算半个面点师傅,
Later he started to study baking under his current boss, After a few years he got good at it,
他很聪明,老板有个女儿,他处处小心维护,不动声色打动了芳心,
He's a smart kid,The boss had a daughter,He carefully made moves on her ,and quietly won her heart,
老板自然嫌他穷,不答应,小姐就去求她娘,她娘再去求老板,
But the boss wouldn't approve since he's got nothing, So the girl goes to her mom, to help persuade her dad,
老板就来问他,你想讨什么样的老婆?
The boss then asks him, What's his ideal wife like,
这个小瘪三耍滑头,心里想的当然是漂亮的,有钱的老婆,就是你女儿嘛,
The little smart ass thought, who wouldn't want a pretty, rich girl, like your daughter,
嘴巴上却说,只要有感情,丑的没钱的都没关系,
But he plays coy, And says,"If there is love,I wouldn't mind if she's ugly or poor".
他以为他这样一说,老板会觉得他诚实可靠,就会把女儿嫁给他,
Thinking this would gain the boss's trust,and would agree to their marriage,
老板也是老江湖了,一听就知道他靠不住,
But the boss is no fool and feels he's untrustworthy,
就照他的意思,把下人的女儿许了他,
So he ends up marrying a poor servant's daughter.
真的是又丑,又没钱的,
an ugly girl from a poor family indeed,
他今天早上来送点心,王妈故意拿他开心,说你怎么气色这么差,脸都是黑的,
He came over this morning to deliver pastries,Mama Wang made fun of him, “What happened? You look awful”
他白眼一翻,钱也不要就跑掉了。
He rolled his eyes and left without taking money.
周先生:
陆先生。
Mr.Lu.
陆先生:
你坐。
Sit.
我不管哪一方,也不关心你们的主张,
I don't care which side you are on,or what your claims are,
只要是为了上海好,识大体能相处,
As long as they are good for Shanghai and everyone gets along,
工人要涨工资要罢工,都没有问题,我可以出面帮大家解决,
Workers want to go on strike for a raise,which is fine and I can help.
可是现在断水断电,昨天又有人开了三辆电车去横在霞飞路上,交通也断了,
But now the water and power are down.Yesterday somebody lined three tramcars across Xiafei Road , blocking traffic,
这样彻底闹僵对谁也没有好处,
It's become a real problem which is no good for anybody,
眼看着家里人没有饭吃,小孩子连米汤也喝不上,
Seeing their families going hungry,and their kids starving,
工人里有要求供水供电,恢复交通的,
Some workers requested for water, power and the traffic back.
被打得头破血流,还被绑架了三十多人走,是你们的人干的吧?
But they were beaten up badly,thirty of them even got abducted, It was you,right?
周先生:
不是不是,您误会了。我们从始至终只是希望给劳工增加一点权力,怎么会做绑架的事呢
No no, you misunderstand. All we want is to help the workers get more rights, We wouldn't resort to abduction
陆先生:
昨天给太太的见面礼,我已经派人送过去了,你们收到了吧?
I had a welcome gift delivered to the Missus yesterday. Did you receive it?
(未完)
注:本文来自《中文台词网》